Friday, December 5, 2008

Buddhism - Meditation

My first encounter with meditation started during my varsity time at University Malaya in the year 1984. I joined the UM Buddhist society and there was a mediation class conducted weekly. I truly enjoy first meditation session; I guess it was the peace and bliss that give the calm. When our instructor tells us to stop, I was reluctant and I become upset. I was not please at all, I told the instructor about it and the instructor said it was because I enjoy it so much and do not want to stop.


It was much later when I learned how to properly end a meditation session. Do not open your eye immediately. First fell the body, take a deep breath a couple of time and remind yourself of ending the session. Do it slowly without rushing. I now usually move my finger and hand first before opening my eye.

No comments: